Bookish Crafts That Are Easy on Your Pocketbook (see what I did there?)

Just hear those bells a jinglin' a ring-ting-tinglin' too. No? Nothing? It's probably because, if you're like me with five kids and a football field-length shopping list, your pocketbook is bereft of coin (or bells). So here are some crafty ideas for the bookish people in your life that shows off your appreciation for literature and your mad power tool skills. 



Book page necklace: Love it! Find the tutorial here.

Book page chandelier: Tutorial here 

Trash into treasure? I see nothing but awesome here. Tutorial here.

Short on space for a big tree? Design by Sylvia Rademakers Styling.

I see a little Jane Austen mug in my future. Tutorial for your own set of mugs here.

One of my favorites! Tutorial here.

From Better Homes and Gardens -
"Create conversation at the dinner table with this out-of-the-ordinary runner. A discarded book with soft, worn pages works best. Lay the pages flat on the floor in the length and width you'd like your runner. On the back, carefully tape the pages together. Use a crafts decorative-edge punch to create a border that suits your style."

You may want to start on this one early if it's a gift. O.o
Tutorial


I'd love to see the finished product! Send them to me at my Facebook page!

2 comments: