Writing = snacking. Roasted chickpeas

I've drunk gallons of tea and coffee, turned my head at chocolate and only nibbled at granola but I'm still fighting against snacking while writing the book so I made these high-fiber, high-flavor snacks that won't add much to my bottom line. Literally. 

Ingredients
2 cans of chickpeas
2 glugs of olive oil
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp chili powder

Method
Heat oven to 425* and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix the ingredients together in a ziploc bag and roll the little suckers out onto the pan to make a single layer. Roast for 40 minutes - shaking them halfway through - or until they reach the desired level of crunchy. 


What's your favorite snack?


2 comments:

  1. When I'm good, it's soy bars, nuts and fruit. When I'm bad (and stressed) it's Snickers and Ritz Crackers. Although I like the idea of toasting chick peas. (Hello, procrastination, my old friend.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I'm behaving myself... apples.

    The rest of the time... chocolate. With peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete