No Rest for the Wicked

I love being an editor. I love coaxing shy writers into trying something new, encouraging writers with more experience to give me just a little bit more or to shave off extraneous words to make a piece stronger, and I love meeting new writers and expanding my family.

When I accepted Rainstorm Press's request to compile and edit an anthology of ghost stories, I knew just what I wanted to focus on: haunted objects. I loved the thought of digging into a classic ghost story on a cold February night and seeing what submissions would have me looking over my shoulder and staring down that clown doll that gives me the creeps. That ain't easy to do, my friends, this isn't my first rodeo. Luckily, I've been able to accept some excellent pieces and I look forward to sharing them with you in the early summer.

I am still accepting submissions for this anthology and invite writers who may not have thought of this genre as within their scope. Try it. Have fun with it. If it doesn't work, wiggle it until it does. If it works right out of the gate, I'll be doing the Happy Acceptance Dance with you.

Show me what you've got. Deadline for submissions is March 1, 2012. For all the details, please visit the No Rest For The Wicked website.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like it'll be fun, and that's a tremendous name for a book!

    ReplyDelete